Friday, February 22, 2008

Of moving boxes and studios

With all the crazy plans we made finally solidifying into a place for us to call home, I'm just thankful that the sun keeps coming out every day. I'm not sure I could handle it otherwise. One bit at a time projects are getting finished, and in 7 days we're supposed to have moved our life and all of it's possessions back into the little studio on Capitol Hill. It's stressful, exciting, relieving, chaotic, and fun all at the same time.

I will miss the sun streaming in through our huge windows, but I won't miss looking out the windows over Ozzies, quite possibly one of the crappiest hot spots in Seattle. I look forward to once again seeing familiar faces everywhere when I walk to the grocery store, get a cup of cider at the Joe Bar, or stroll up to Volunteer Park. I love the local dogs, their owners, and the people that live in our building.

Today is another beautiful day in which I will hide away in the garage at my parents' house and breathe in paint fumes for a few hours. But the cabinet doors are almost finished! Victory! And the couch is arriving today, eek! Time to clean up and get the place looking like home again...

No comments: